CLASSIC CARE PACKAGE
CLASSIC CARE PACKAGE
£5600 - £6500
Our most popular and comprehensive package, Classic offers you dedicated care and unlimited 24/7 access from your own midwife throughout your pregnancy, birth and postnatal period.
We understand that everyone’s circumstances are different and so, if you would like to discuss how we can tailor your care to your individual situation please get in touch to arrange a free (no obligation) consultation with one of our midwives.
- An initial booking appointment; a full medical history is taken, your plans and options for your pregnancy and birth are discussed.
- Antenatal appointments at home; blood pressure check, urine test, listen to baby’s heartbeat and assess position & size plus an opportunity to discuss your wellbeing and any concerns you might have; visits are individualised but will usually be at 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40+ weeks.
- An extended birth prep session at around 36 weeks gives you and your birth partner an opportunity to discuss your birth options, what to expect from labour and birth, your preferences in a variety of circumstances plus how to prepare for the postnatal period.
- Labour and birth midwifery care; early labour assessment and attendance at your birth from your midwives at home or in hospital, giving you one-to-one support and continuity of care throughout.
- Postnatal appointments; frequent visits in the first week, including personal breastfeeding support and newborn blood spot screening; continued visits until baby reaches four/six weeks.
We usually recommend you have your scans and routine blood tests done at your selected hospital to ensure they have your records if required at a later stage of your pregnancy or birth.
With the Rose package, you can choose to either continue with your NHS antenatal appointments in addition to those with your Independent Midwife, or you may prefer to opt out.
This will not affect, in any way, your access to NHS care and if at any stage during your pregnancy, you or your midwife feel you need to see a consultant obstetrician, your midwife can refer you and will attend the appointment with you.
During these many appointments, the bond between you and your midwife will grow and develop into a close and trusting relationship. By the time you go into labour, your midwife will have an in-depth understanding of your needs and will be your constant support.