We are working with the NHS to offer women in Waltham Forest the chance to take part in the midwifery continuity of care pilot.
Are you pregnant?
- Would you like to be cared for by the same two midwives throughout your pregnancy, labour and birth and postnatal period?
- Would you like to give birth outside of a labour ward environment?
- Are you classed as a medically low-risk birth?
- Would you like to have your appointments scheduled around your needs, with visits either in your home or in a local clinic?
- Would you be interested in a home birth?
What do I have to do to be part of the pilot?
- You need to live in Waltham Forest and be classed as a medically low-risk pregnancy.
- You need to be interested in exploring the idea of a midwife-led birth
How we work
Working in small teams, Neighbourhood Midwives are able to provide complete midwifery care to low risk women living in Waltham Forest. The evidence shows that women who are cared for by the same midwives are:
- More likely to have a normal birth and less likely to have an assisted birth (using forceps/ventouse)
- More likely to have a positive birth experience and less likely to have a caesarean
- More likely to have a healthy baby and less likely to give birth to a low birth weight baby
- More likely to have a quicker physical recovery and less likely to be admitted to hospital in the antenatal or postnatal period
- More likely to successfully breastfeed and less likely to have their baby admitted to a neonatal unit
Find out more by calling us on call 020 8874 6624.
Want to find out more?
Please complete the form below or call our enquiry line on 020 8874 6624
"Knowing you have someone you can trust and is on the other end of the phone whenever you need her was crucial to us"
Tina was there for all of us – my husband, baby and me. My experience of becoming a mother was made so much clearer, easier and calmer and she gave me the confidence that I am, and could be, the best mother for my baby.
"My midwives were the perfect guides through a challenging but beautiful experience that I will treasure for the rest of my life. They were my epidural and then some"