Pregnancy and Birth: Support, Information & Maternity service providers
- Amy Fanton Photography: American family photographer in London
- Ask The Midwife: Free Q&A blog, Neighbourhood midwives online community, competitions, events and more for mums to be.
- The Active Birth Centre: Information on yoga classes and Pool hire.
- Antenatal Results & Choices: ARC is the only national charity which provides non-directive support and information to parents throughout the antenatal testing process.
- Baby Scan Pro: a private scan service run by experienced consultants who have extensive experience in obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Bump & Baby club Antenatal classes in North London
- The Bump Class: BUMP classes are informative, impartial and above all great fun. Each course is tailored to meet the needs of parents who want to learn about the practical elements of pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, parenting and first aid from a supportive, pragmatic and unbiased point of view.
- Birthingbetter: The pink kit provides you with the knowledge you need to understand your unique body structure and how it works. Using this information, you will gain a new understanding of pregnancy, labour and birth.
- The Breastfeeding Network: Providing breastfeeding support and information. Bromley Therapies:Mobile reflexology and Maternity Reflexology in Bromley, Kent and the south London area.
- Doula UK: How to contact a doula near you.
- Families South West magazine: A free magazine packed with useful information for parents and carers with children from 0-12 covering the SW London postcodes. Distributed ten times a year to handpicked locations like private schools and nurseries, children's shops, music or ballet classes.
- Fulham Osteopathic Practice: Offer care from pregnancy through to childbirth, and care of the newborn and babies using cranial osteopathy. More than just care for back pain - osteopathy for health and life.
- Homebirth: Fantastic site all about homebirth, lots of facts and stories
- La Leche League: The aim is to help mothers to breastfeed through mother-to-mother support, encouragement, information and education, and to promote a better understanding of breastfeeding as an important element in the healthy development of the baby and the mother.
- Lulubaby: comprehensive antenatal classes preparing you for the all important birth but we also prepare you for motherhood, spending time focusing on caring for your newborn.
- Match up Mums: Meet like-minded mums-to-be in your local area, for friendship and support.
- Mothers 35 Plus: Information pertinent to mothers over 35
- NCT: The National Childbirth Trust offers support in pregnancy, childbirth and early parenthood. We aim to give every parent the chance to make informed choices. We try to make sure that all our services, activities and membership are fully accessible to everyone.
- NHS Direct Online: We aim to put a variety of reliable health information resources at your fingertips, helping you to make informed choices about your health and lifestyles.
- Parents at Work: Useful up to date information on the rights of parents at work
- SheilaKitzinger.com: Here you can explore aspects of birth, drawing on things that Sheila has learned from women around the world and her research as a social anthropologist into women's experiences of pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding.
- Twins and Multiple Births Association: Support and information for those expecting twins, triplets or other multiple births!
- Vaginal Birth after Caesarean: Offering important information for women aiming to have a vaginal birth after caesarean. Part of the homebirth reference site.
- The Vale practice: Complete natural healthcare.
- Well Mums: A group of complementary therapists in and around South London.
- Which? Birth Choice: Information to help you make the right choice for your baby's place of birth.
- Women's Environmental Network: Educating, empowering and informing women and men who care about the environment. May be interesting to those considering the disposable versus cloth nappies debate.
- The Neo Practice: Expert advice for parents of babies and toddler
- Elizabeth Hammond: Hypnobirthing (Here is the facebook link)
- Aims: Association for Improvements in the Maternity Services. Supporting parents and professionals in the UK and Ireland.
- Attachmentparenting.org: Information about attachment parenting
- Baby Milk Action: a non-profit organisation which aims to save lives and to end the avoidable suffering caused by inappropriate infant feeding.
- The Birth I Want: A campaign group for mums by mums
- Limitless You: Limitless You Hypnobirthing courses provide you with a practical, down to earth, easy to follow tools to help you achieve a calm, confident and fear free birth
- The Blooming Bunch: The Blooming Bunch: Welcome to the best antenatal and parent preparation course on planet earth
Research and Academic
- Midwives Information Resource Service: MIDIRS Midwifery Digest is a quarterly journal. The material in the digest comes from a wide range of sources. MIDIRS scans over 550 journals in the search for new information. The articles which are most interesting and relevant are selected for inclusion in the Digest, along with commissioned work.
Other Midwifery related Organisations
- Association of Radical Midwives: Association of Radical Midwives website.
- www.nmc-uk.org: Nursing and Midwifery Council homepage
- Royal College of Midwives: The RCM is the only trade union and professional organisation run by midwives for midwives. It is the voice of midwifery, providing excellence in professional leadership, education, influence and representation for and on behalf of midwives.