By choosing a dedicated midwife to care for you during your pregnancy, you are:
- More likely to have a normal birth and less likely to have an assisted birth (using forceps/ventouse)
- More likely to have a positive birth experience and less likely to have a caeserean
- More likely to have a healthy baby & less likely to give birth to a low birthweight baby
- More likely to have a quicker physical recovery and less likely to be admitted to hospital in the antenatal or postnatal period
- More likely to successfully breastfeed & less likely to have your baby admitted to a neonatal unit
But there’s also another aspect to receiving the care of a midwife you know and trust.
You share the most special of journeys with someone who is as excited as you are about your pregnancy. Someone who is happy to spend time, sharing their knowledge and discussing your blooming bump, your aching back, your toddler’s nursery or your lack of sleep!
Someone who will be there with you to witness the joy of your highest and the anxiety of your lowest moments. Someone who will empower you to have control over your body in labour and give you the confidence to trust your instincts. Someone who will be there for you as you change from being a woman into a mother.
It’s your choice & our hope is that, one day, it will be a choice for all women.